The HARP Loan Program
Limited Time Offer
Free Credit Review & Consultation With a Colorado Consumer
The Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) is available until June 10, 2010 and allows home owners to refinance into low mortgage interest rates even if they’re property value has gone down. This Refinance Program (HARP) loans will not only make monthly mortgage payments more manageable, but HARP loans will also help in the prevention of the devastating effects of foreclosure.
For the mortgage holder who’s not in dire financial straits, but can’t take advantage of lower interest rates due to negative home equity, this loan program can help. The government-refinancing program uses current mortgage rates and the rates are fixed over a 30-year period. HARP is especially beneficial for homeowner’s that are facing variable adjusted interest rate.
HARP Mortgage Refinancing Qualifications:
- The current mortgage loan must be owned or guaranteed by Freddie Mac or Fannie May
- The amount still outstanding on the first mortgage cannot be more than 125% of the current market value.
- The current mortgage payments must be current and no late payments over 30 days in the last 12 months.
- The homeowner(s) must be able to make the refinanced payments, Income to debt ratio.
- The new mortgage needs to improve the stability of the loan
- The homeowner(s) must be the current owner of one-to-four unit home
Click to View Details of the
Home Affordable Refinance Program
If there is a second mortgage on the home, the additional mortgage cannot be combined with the first mortgage. The 125% of value to equity rule still applies, but only to the first mortgage. The second mortgage will not disqualify the homeowner.
Let Front Range Mortgage assist you into getting a lower mortagage payment. The flexibility within HARP loans allows for the refinance process to be quicker, smoother and more cost-effective for the borrower.